Madhubani in Making
We started the work based on our main theme and came up with multiple sub themes. Jyoti was not looking for a traditional Madhubani with mythological pictures and rituals. So we came up with the idea of presenting Life in a Village on the canvas. And made our fist layer of drawing. After finalising everything the work of painting the Canvas began.
I and our artist ~ Mithilesh Jha ~ who is also an award winner in Madhubani Art ~ discussed every color and detailing and after a painstaking work of 2 months he created this master piece.
There was a specific focus on using the right colors and murals to go with the theme, without losing the traditional Madhubani style. Here are the sub-themes represented in the painting.
- A beautiful village with trees, cattles grazing and peacock
- A village hut surrounded by greens
- Women of the village doing various chores
- Ladies of a house playing with a kid
- And a school where kids are studying